Monday, March 03, 2008

Today I spent some time working on my bicycle. I replaced the winter tires that I have been using with some summer road slicks. In the process, I managed to get my hands black with grease, dirt and road scum.
I passed my hands under the faucet, rubbing between them a mixture of soap and water, watching as it worked its way into the grime, pulling off small particles, leaving the sink speckled with bits of soap and grit. It smeared the basin, marking it with the remains of the needed repair work.
I couldn't help but relate this to my recent life experiences. As I dirty my hands in sin and evil, the only thing that can get them clean is the everlasting 'soap' that is the mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the only one that can wash away the black grease that stains us so easily. With His help, and only a small amount of work, we can rid ourselves of it, and be as clean as we were before it happened.

2 comments:

Tom Millar (Author / Publisher) said...

hi weston,

i very much enjoy your blog. it is very neatly and nicely written. keep it up!

Jordan Huntington said...

is it not beautiful when you find yourself in this position...the position when suddenly you understand something just a little bit better and you can feel grateful because you where able to understand something that little bit better. I doubt we will even understand the atonement in its entirety but to see its effects in our own lives is something we can be thankful for everyday. thank you for your thoughts.